VIP Passports And Visa Services
United States passport agency specializes in American passports, us passports, passport renewals, passport applications, passports forms, birth certificates, notary services, visas, and passports in less than 24 hours.
 (No Guarantee for 24 hr. passport service).
VIP Services specializes in passports, visas, birth certivicates, passports renewal,

Click here to go to Vip Passports home page
Click here for passport information and download passport forms.
Click here for information on visas and download visa forms.
Click here for document legalization information and download forms.
Click here to view our translation abilities.
Click here for information on birth certificates and download forms.
Click here for information on International passports and download forms.
Click here for a complete price list of our services.
Click here to learn more about our company and staff.
Click here to contact us or give us your feedback
Click here to track your packages.
Click here to email us or send us your comments.


US Passport Rule Changes

As of June 1, 2009, rules concerning US passport usage changed drastically. If you are a wanting a US passport, you will need to know these changes. While the changes are not all drastic if you plan on traveling out of the United States, you are now required to have a US passport book and/or US passport card. While the passport card is sufficient for many people, the US passport book is still the way to go for the majority of individuals regardless of age.

Citing post-9/11 security concerns at our borders, the US government started requiring passports to enter the United States by air in 2007. However, in June of 2009, stricter rules were implemented to make traveling out of or into the country need a us passport card or us passport book depending on your preferred mode of travel.

What are some of the changes you might encounter in this new safer post-9/11 country?

The easy answer is that you must have WHTI-documentation to re-enter or enter the United States. This does not apply to the needs of foreign countries of destination countries so you should always insure what is needed by the destination country. Each country will have different requirements.

All people traveling by air whether entering or leaving the United States must present a valid, updated, and accurate US passport book. If you are new to applying for or obtaining a US passport book, you should apply as soon as possible to insure you have the US passport by the time you depart. In addition, make sure that the US passport book will not expire while outside of the United States.

All people traveling by land and sea whether entering or leaving the United States must present a valid, updated, and accurate US passport book OR US passport card. Children under the age of 16 may still use a certified US birth certificate to cross sea and land borders. You may use a copy or the original.

What is considered WHTI compliant documentation?

US passport book is the only WHTI compliant documentation for all forms of traveling.  US passport cards, trusted traveler cards (FAST, SENTRI, or NEXUS), State issued enhanced driver’s license, enhanced tribal cards, US military identification with military travel orders, US merchant mariner document when traveling in conjunction with official maritime business, native American tribal photo identification cards, or Form I-872 American Indian cards act as WHTI compliant documentation for traveling via land or sea as of January 31, 2008.

What exactly does WHTI mean?

WHTI is the acronym for Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative and is part of the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 (RPTA). WHTI is in place to insure the safety of all citizen and visitors of the United States.

Knowing your rights when it comes to obtaining and properly using your US passport book or US passport card is an important step in insuring peace of mind. You can remain safe and secure while traveling abroad without a lot of hassles… just prepare ahead!




[Home] [Passports] [Visas] [Documents] [Birth Certificates]
[Prices] [Tracking] [About us] [Contact] [Email]
[Links]  [Travel Glossary]  [FAQs] [VIP Travel Forum] [VIP Newsletter Archive] [Testimonials]

VIP Passports And Visa Services
VIP Passports, Inc. || 2012 Louisiana St. || Houston, Texas 77002
Toll Free: 1-800-876-8472 || Fax: 713-659-3767
Local: 713-659-8472 || Email:
Site Created & Maintained by Nance Leighton.

VIP Passport Services, Inc. specializes in first time passports, passport renewals, lost passports, pages added to passports, child's passports, birth certificates, renewal of passport for any reason, passport photos, immigration photos, gun license photos, job application photos, id photos, id badges, document legalization, international driving permits, notary services and passports in as quick as 24 hours.