VIP Passports And Visa Services
United States passport agency specializes in American passports, us passports, passport renewals, passport applications, passports forms, birth certificates, notary services, visas, and passports in less than 24 hours.
 (No Guarantee for 24 hr. passport service).
VIP Services specializes in passports, visas, birth certivicates, passports renewal,

Click here to go to Vip Passports home page
Click here for passport information and download passport forms.
Click here for information on visas and download visa forms.
Click here for document legalization information and download forms.
Click here to view our translation abilities.
Click here for information on birth certificates and download forms.
Click here for information on International passports and download forms.
Click here for a complete price list of our services.
Click here to learn more about our company and staff.
Click here to contact us or give us your feedback
Click here to track your packages.
Click here to email us or send us your comments.


Your Baby and US Passports


Often, the question arises as to whether a baby needs a US Passport. The answer is yes. Every person traveling to or from the United States must have a US Passport issued by the US Department of State regardless of age. Since the US Department of State requires ALL first time applicants to apply in person, you will need to ensure you take your child with you. In addition, you will discover you need more documentation for the child than you do yourself.


Should your child have two parents or guardians, each parent or guardian must be present when applying for a baby passport. If both parents or guardians cannot be present, you will have to obtain a notarized Statement of Consent. This is for the safety of the child and the passengers as well as the parents.


If you happen to be an only parent because of death or if you simply have legal authority alone, you will need to provide verifiable evidence stating such. If you cannot prove you are the sole person responsible for the child or if you cannot get a Statement of Consent, you will want to explain why in the box marked “Special Circumstances”.


You will need to bring your child’s state issued, certified US birth certificate. The name of the parent or parents must be located on the birth certificate. If your child was born in a foreign country, you will need to obtain an alternate form of documentation. However, your baby does not require a Social Security number to obtain a US Passport. This is great news for new parents!


In addition, you will want to find a reliable photographer or service so you can obtain the required 2 passport photos of your child. The identical photos must meet policies set forth by the US Department of State. If you have questions concerning the regulations or policies of the passport photos, you should contact VIP Passports for more information.


On a side note, be sure you do NOT sign the application until told to do so in person!


When it comes time to sign the US Passport, you will want to print the baby’s name, sign your own name, and put your relationship in parentheses. As with all US Passports, you will want to ensure you keep the identification safe and secure either in a safety deposit box or alternate form of secure setting. Because when you have to renew your baby’s US Passport, you have to go through the whole process again.


The best policy when it comes to getting your baby a US Passport is to understand the special requirements. Yes, if you plan to travel out of or into the United States, you will be required to have a US Passport for your baby or child. In addition, the laws requiring visas may differ from one country to the next. Knowing your host country’s policies on baby travel can save you a lot of time and potential money.




[Home] [Passports] [Visas] [Documents] [Birth Certificates]
[Prices] [Tracking] [About us] [Contact] [Email]
[Links]  [Travel Glossary]  [FAQs] [VIP Travel Forum] [VIP Newsletter Archive] [Testimonials]

VIP Passports And Visa Services
VIP Passports, Inc. || 2012 Louisiana St. || Houston, Texas 77002
Toll Free: 1-800-876-8472 || Fax: 713-659-3767
Local: 713-659-8472 || Email:
Site Created & Maintained by Nance Leighton.

VIP Passport Services, Inc. specializes in first time passports, passport renewals, lost passports, pages added to passports, child's passports, birth certificates, renewal of passport for any reason, passport photos, immigration photos, gun license photos, job application photos, id photos, id badges, document legalization, international driving permits, notary services and passports in as quick as 24 hours.